The Camera Changer (known prior to version 2.12 as the Virtual Window) acts as a regular camera image but its camera can be changed. Cameras can be selected with a menu, a numeric keypad, and a joystick.
Adding the widget
- Go to Edit Mode.
- Select Widget > Camera changer
Click Select camera from the Camera Changer. Use the arrow buttons to select next and previous cameras.
Select camera with a numeric keypad or joystick
Cameras have to be numbered first.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Cameras > (camera name) > Number
- Set a number.
- Do this for all the cameras that you want to select with numeric keypads.
To show a camera number next to a camera name, check the checkbox at Menu > Settings > Interface > Show camera number.
The first number is the site number and the number after : is the camera number.
Change camera image from numeric keypad by selecting the camera changer number and a camera number. If the desired Camera Changer is already active, there is no need to select it again.
Selection from keyboard numpad
- Press Camera Changer number e.g. Numpad 1
- Press Numpad /
- Press camera number e.g. Numpad 3
- Press Numpad Enter