Here is how to add a generic USB joystick to Ksenos. The installation process can differ from the one presented here, depending on the operating system and joystick.
Ksenos on a graphical user interface
Controllable PTZ camera added to Ksenos
Generic USB HID joystick
Adding and deploying the joystick
- Go to Menu > Settings > Devices and click + to add a new device.
- From the window that opens, choose PTZ joystick as the device type.
- Test the added joystick and make sure it's working correctly. When moving the joystick, the axis value for the number sections 1. and 2. should change. When zooming in or out, the axis value for the number section 3. should change.
- Find the number 0 on the joystick and press it to see which Button X. pressed section activates. This Button X. pressed is the physical button for the number 0. Repeat this step for the number 1 on the joystick.
- In the Joystick settings tab enter the above-mentioned buttons for Keypad number 0 and Keypad number 1 in the dropdown menus.
- Go back to the Joystick status tab. Test the functionality of the joystick's number keys by pressing them and checking that the number corresponding with the button being pressed appears in the Number entry section. When pressing the number key 1 on the joystick, the number 1 should appear in the number entry field.
- Choose an unused button from the joystick (for example button 11) and choose Select camera as its function from the dropdown menu. Now when pressing the button 11 on the joystick, Ksenos will stand by to receive the camera number that is typed with the joystick number keys.
- Make sure the cameras are correctly numbered in the camera number organizer (check the Select camera with a numeric keypad or joystick section here).
- Return to the tab where the desired camera images are open (for example Camera 1).
- Choose the camera from the joystick by pressing the set buttons: Select camera > Number 0 > Number 1 (Select camera 01). The default amount of digits when choosing a number is two. The number of digits can be chosen from the joystick settings from Camera selection digit count. Move the joystick to make sure the camera is turning correctly.